Nano Care’s range of glass-protecting and improvement products constitutes the most comprehensive collection on the smart surfaces market. Once applied, nanoscale protective layers (which are 80,000 times thinner than a human hair) bond with the substrate to leave a smooth, anti-stain, non-discolouring surface layer with anti-mist performance.
The key active ingredient across the superhydrophobic coating range is silicon dioxide, whose molecules’ surface energy is modified by anti-bonding molecules. On glass application, silicon dioxide molecules form the coating, fusing to the glass surface and consequently releasing the anti-bonding molecules. These molecules migrate to the surface, creating an anti-fingerprint finish and ultra-smooth protective outer layer. The molecule migration also changes the status of the glass from high to low energy. This low-energy status is fundamental to the repellent qualities offered by treated glass.
The superhydrophobic coating range offers glass and polished porcelain protection against:
- Discolouration from contaminated air and traffic pollution.
- Chemical attack, including oxide corrosion by acid rainwater and damage by alkaline run-off from construction materials (such as cement, concrete and plaster), as well as from fat, grease and oil products.
- Corrosion by salt and other climatic coastal and marine conditions.
- Soap scum and limescale build-up.
…and has the following benefits:
- Invisible glass products are crystal clear and do not change the optical values of glass (except for SG70 for sandblasted glass).
- UV stability, chemical inertness and extreme durability. Having both hydrophobic and oleophobic capabilities, products will not peel or flake and are unaffected by extreme temperatures.
- Surfaces are preserved or restored to their original state, becoming highly water repellent.
- Air and waterborne contaminants are unable to adhere.
- Cleaning requirements drop by 50-70%.
- Glass and polished porcelain finishes are retained and will not discolour.
- Fingerprint marks are prevented or easily removed on sandblasted and etched glass.
- Products can be applied almost anywhere: on site, at manufacturing premises or in dedicated application centres.
- Glass protection applications are ideal for limescale removal.
- Coating prevents condensation and promotes anti-mist performance, ideal for vehicle windscreens.