Liquid Guard® Textile Antimicrobial Spray coating is a water-based multi-functional spray-on product. It kills bacterial and viral pathogens on surface contact because of its antimicrobial properties. It also reduces house dust mites because it removes fungal and bacterial colonies from fabrics, such as mattresses and mattress covers, which they feed on.
Antimicrobial textile spray -Liquid Guard® complies with the government recommendation that “if an alternative disinfectant is used within the organisation ensure that it is effective against enveloped viruses” as it has been proven and certified effective against envelope viruses.
Anti-bacterial and anti-viral tests and certificates
Liquid Guard® Textile Antimicrobial Spray has been tested and certified to kill the following bacteria, viruses and fungi on contact:-
- TGEV Coronavirus (99.8% kill, effective against enveloped viruses which includes coronaviruses)
- Influenza A (enveloped virus)
- Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA = methicillin-resilient Staphylococcus aureus)
- Escherichia coli (intestinal bacteria)
- Klebsiella pneumoniae (odour-creating bacteria)
- Listeria monocytogenes (food-stuff)
- Salmonella choleraesuis (food-stuff)
- Aspergillus niger (slightly sporicidal)
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Enterococcus hirae
Areas of use
Liquid Guard® Textile’s antimicrobial spray functionality makes it an ideal coating for use on the following items of personal apparel and equipment such as: –
- Healthcare uniforms
- Kit bags
Liquid Guard® Textile spray can be used in hotel lobbies, bedrooms and on restaurant seating. it is highly suitable for use in these high traffic, public and commercial spaces because it also repels water and dirt. Application is by a simple ‘spray and air cure’ method and is easy to use on: –
- Upholstered headboards and furniture
- Bed runners and decorative cushions
- Carpets and curtains
- Commercial soft furnishings
- Automotive upholstery
- Applied to clean and dry fabric (free from surface active substances, such as silicon & surfactants) with any mist spray system.
- Coating is fully cured after six hours and is resistant to approximately twelve washes and on upholstery, it should be re-applied every twelve months.
- On to smooth leather, Liquid Guard® Textile should be poured and polished-out after application and then left to cure for six hours.
We take our environmental responsibility extremely seriously which is why Liquid Guard® Textile is free from SVHC (especially fluorine, PBT/PvB- & SVHC substances)