The ‘building protection’ collection is a range of water-repellent SiO2 (liquid quartz) products that preserve, protect and restore multiple building surfaces. These weather resistance coatings are often used in building repair and building preservation processes. Continuous product development using hybrid technology and innovative techniques has created the most advanced range of protective coatings for new and existing buildings offering the following functions and benefits: water barrier impregnation, dirt and oil repellence; freeze /thaw protection; graffiti repellence; salt blast protection; moss and algae prevention;.
Flexiguard™ Stone & Paving Sealant establishes a nanoscale breathable 3D coating on absorbent surfaces such as concrete, brick, stone and terracotta. Surfaces permanently repel water ingress, up to 95% of dirt and 98% of moss, lichen and fungus for a functional lifespan of over ten years.* Once coated, the materials exhibit 3-fold freeze and thaw resistance (EN1338).
Flexiguard™ Stone & Paving Sealant adhesion to the OH surface guarantees exceptional permanence against weathering and mechanical and chemical abrasion, making it ideal for use on monuments, steps, war memorials and statues, as well as garden ornaments and fountains.
Flexiguard™ can be used as a secondary oil repellent treatment in conjunction with TPM Concentrate impregnation on surfaces subjected to persistent wet weathering where appearance retention as well as waterproofing is required.
*Note that the initially strong pearling effect can diminish after a few years due to the deposit of fine dust particles. However, this in no way impairs the protection.
Nearly all damage to mineral building material is caused by humidity. The porous structure of building materials allow water and its pollutants to penetrate. Capillary effects cause these materials to be transported from the surface to the interior of the building structure, which may cause significant damage to the building material, such as corrosion of the reinforcing bars, efflorescence, and damage due to freeze/thaw and anti-freeze salts.
It is imperative to prevent water penetration in order to avoid damage and reduce penetration depth. One way to achieve this is to treat the substrate with Infusion. The product penetrates deeply into the substructure, forming a durable and efficient protection against damp. At the same time, the substrate maintains its breath-ability and redirects the moisture from inside to out.
Unlike Infusion, polymeric building protection products such as acrylate systems block the pores of the substrate due to the size of the molecules. As such water cannot penetrate, but on the other hand, vapour can’t escape from within the building material, a situation that may cause damage. In addition, exposure to UV radiation may result in the surface of the building material being damaged or dissolved, which again allows water to penetrate from outside into the interior of the building material structure.
Silane-based molecules within Infusion are tiny and of low viscosity. This characteristic allows the product to penetrate deeply into the structure of the building and to stay there long-term with an extremely durably chemically bound. A durable and efficient hydrophobic structure is the result.
INFUSION ADVANTAGES AT A GLANCE
One of the key features of efficient ‘hydrophobizing’ is a small molecular structure with a low viscosity. For Infusion we use a liquid organo-silicon nano-coating which generates a hydrophobic layer within the substrate which efficiently prevents any water penetration into the building material.
This characteristic has many advantages:
Infusion penetrates deeply into the building material, thus providing a protection that is affected neither by UV degradation nor by abrasive contamination such as from road traffic. Compared with many other surface coatings, Infusion shows significantly longer durability. This product range does not cause any visible change to the surface of the building material. After the application of Infusion to any surface, it can be further treated e.g. painted
This non-stick intelligent coating is suitable for use on all types of memorials, statues, monuments, landscape and garden features and is certified in accordance with DIN EN 1504-2.
Infusion is perfectly suitable for providing mineral building materials in outdoor areas with a water-repelling impregnation. The coating is characterised by a high reactivity and resistance to alkalis, as well as by outstanding penetration depths. Furthermore, by forming a vapour-permeable and colourless impregnation, the coating considerably reduces water absorption and prevents water-soluble harmful substances such as chlorides from penetrating.
Even cracks up to 0.3mm may be protected against further breakthrough.
The ready-to-use product is also suitable as a hydrophobic treatment under top coats or surface protection systems and has been tested and certified according to TL/TP OS-A of ZTV SIB 90 and EN 1504-2.
Moreover, Infusion may be used as an OS 1 system and according to principle 1, 2, 5, and 6 of EN 1504-9.
- Suitable for hydrophobic treatment of mineral substrates – especially those with a low porosity
- Is applied in diluted form – the amount depends on the absorbency of the mineral substrate
- Has a minimum curing time of 28 days at environmental temperature (recommended in connection with application on concrete)
- Is also suitable for carbonated or aged concrete – in this context, a period of 5 days should be allowed before applying the top coat, such as e.g. from our product range.
PRE 440 Anti-Erosion Coating is a complex SiO2 product that enhances the natural structure of substrates by employing specially adapted chemical and physical crosslinking technology to produce stabilising 3D networks.
The primary function of PRE 440 Anti-Erosion Coating is to impede and delay erosion of the substrate by significantly improving mechanical, chemical, physical and thermal stability and thereby halting erosion caused by rain, frost, sun and wind.
This hydrophobic coating product is ideal for use on sandstone walls and monuments to preserve appearance retention and create a water pressure-resistant finish.
Graffiti Guard™ Appearance Retention Coating– is an anti-graffiti coating that ensures appearance retention against the strongest elements.
The Graffiti Guard™ Appearance Retention Coating is a permanent protective graffiti removal layer that prevents paint particles from penetrating the porous structure of mineral surfaces where they could become permanently embedded. This protective layer is dirt repellent and oil repellent: the sealant repels water ingress, 95% of dirt and 98% of moss, lichen and fungus from adhering to absorbent substrates such as stone, concrete, terracotta and brick and has a functional lifespan of over ten years.*
The Graffiti Guard™ Appearance Retention Coating creates a nanoscale, breathable 3D coating on the substrate that permanently repels dirt and water from any porous mineral structure. The molecular fusion of the active ingredient to the surface also guarantees permanent protection against weathering, mechanical and chemical abrasion. It is therefore classified as “non-sacrificial” graffiti protection, which will withstand multiple graffiti removals with the appropriate agent. Graffiti Guard ™ Appearance Retention Coating has wear resistance equivalent to the substrate that it’s applied to. Re-application of the coating adjacent to existing applications is easily achieved. All coated substrates exhibit 3-fold freeze/thaw resistance (EN1338).
This non-stick nano-care product is designed for many surface applications on public buildings and circulation areas such as underpasses, bridges, schools and external cladding, as well as surfaces that are prone to high levels of dirt and contamination (particularly surfaces that require chewing gum removal) and surfaces that require appearance retention.
Graffiti Guard™ can be used as a secondary oil repellent treatment in conjunction with TPM Concentrate impregnation on surfaces subjected to persistent wet weathering where appearance retention as well as waterproofing is required.
*Please note that the initially strong pearling effect can diminish after a few years due to the deposit of fine dust particles. However, this in no way impairs the protection.
Top Ceram® RAK 300 Ceramic Sealant is a single application barrier coating that reduces the permeability of polished porcelain and stoneware.
Polished or semi-polished porcelain and stoneware are extremely vulnerable to staining and dirt due to the air pockets that are exposed during the manufacturing process. Dirt and liquid contamination can become trapped in tiles and cause staining. The only way to rectify tile damage is by using a diamond grinder to strip tiles back. But, with problem-solving Top Ceram® RAK 300, tile damage can be entirely avoided.
Top Ceram® RAK 300 Ceramic Sealant forms a nanotechnology barrier that effectively prevents dirt and paint particles from embedding into polished porcelain and stoneware. Top Ceram’s effectiveness can be demonstrated by using the ‘permanent marker test’: if permanent marker ink can be completely removed with ethanol, the product is protected.
Top Ceram® RAK 300 Ceramic Sealant is suitable for all wall and floor tiles and is available in bulk for application at the end of the manufacturing process or during installation.
A post ‘form’ hydrophobic treatment of concrete (water repellence) requires intensive time and cost effort, especially when carried out carefully and professionally. However, an investment in hydrophobic treatment means money-saving in the long term, as it contributes to reduce the risk of damage and loss of insulation caused by damp and humidity, thus extending the durability of any facade.
Concrete-Dry solves the complications involved in surface coating application as it’s the perfect additive for a material consisting of concrete, cement or grout.
Compared with a surface application, the water repellence of concrete during the production process has numerous advantages:
- Time and cost saving: Water repellence added during the production process saves time and cost , as concrete mix treatment saves the process of subsequent / post forming water repellence.
- Enhanced efficiency: By adding the water repellent product during the production process, the coating penetrates deeper into the concrete, thus achieving an improved efficiency compared with a subsequent post / forming application.
- Reduced ecological damage: Water repellent treatment during the production process reduces ecological damage, as fewer chemicals and energy are required for transportation and for the post application of the hydrophobizing solution.
- Reduced primary and secondary efflorescence of building material: Concrete-Dry reduces the efflorescence of mineral building materials such as concrete and tiles by preventing water from penetrating into the pores of the material. This feature results in a longer durability and enhanced appearance retention.
- Strong repellency effect without any loss in performance: Concrete-Dry generates a significant beading effect, which results in water bouncing off the treated surface. This way, water is prevented from penetrating into the material and causing any damage. In addition, the beading effect remains stable, which allows Concrete-Dry to create long-term durability.
- Protection against defrosting road salts: Concrete-Dry protects the treated surface against damage caused by using defrost salts on streets and pavements.
- Reduced corrosion of reinforced concrete: Concrete-Dry reduces the corrosion of reinforced concrete by preventing humidity from penetrating the material. The result is that reinforced concrete constructions remain stable for longer and require less maintenance work.
- Generates a non-stick surface with stain protection: Concrete-Dry generates a non-stick surface preventing dirt and stains from sticking to the treated surface. This way, the surface stays clean for longer thus extending the maintenance schedule.
- Alkali resistance: Concrete-Dry is resistant to alkali, which means the product is efficient even at high pH values. This is important because many building materials, especially concrete, have a high pH value.
- Reduced thermal conductivity and thus improved thermal insulation: Concrete-Dry reduces the thermal conductivity of building material by preventing humidity penetration. This results in the treated surface showing an increased thermal insulation and consequently requiring less energy to heat or cool a building.
- Reduced capillary absorption without blocking pores: Concrete-Dry prevents water from penetrating the pores of treated walls without blocking the pores. This allows walls to stay breathable and allows vapor to pass , a feature that is of high importance for building fabric.
- Generally, no change to the appearance: After having applied Concrete-Dry, the appearance of the treated surface remains unchanged (with very few exceptions). Generally, the product does not leave any visible traces or changes on the surface.
- Solvent-free and low VOC content: Concrete-Dry is free from any solvents and has a low VOC content (volatile organic compounds). This means that the product contains less harmful chemical material and has less impact on the environment. Consequently, the product is less hazardous to applicators health as it generates less vapor or fumes.
APPLYING THE COATING
- For application as an admix to control efflorescence and to generate water repellence, the dosage of Concrete-Dry can vary between 0.1 % and 1.0 % (based on the concrete volume).
- For the dilution to mix ready-to-use formulations, Concrete-Dry can be diluted at the ratio 1:4 up to 1:19 with demineralized water. For conservation of the product, add preservatives.
- For post concrete forming application, we recommend an evaluation of the optimum dosage through representative testing of surfaces before finally carrying out the impregnation. Appropriate dilution ratios are 1:4 up to 1:19 with demineralized water.
- The coating should be applied by flooding over the surface without any pressure. The coating is stable against water after 24 hours and fully cured after five days.
TPM Concentrate is a reasonably priced solution to protect your building materials and other porous mineral substrates against damage caused by humidity and other elements. The impregnation provides an economic solution to protect surfaces without losing quality and performance. TPM Concentrate is easy to use and offers a durable protection.
- Aims at hydrophobizing (making hydrophobic) clay products, natural stones, sandstone, and plaster
- Consolidation and hydrophobizing of mineral building substrates
- Protection of masonry against rising damp
- Restoration of natural stone
- Concentrate to be diluted with demineralized water according to application (max. 1:100)
- High depth of penetration, quick curing, and durable water beading effect
- Colorless, water vapor permeable protection layer
- Excellent reduction of water absorption and absorption of soluble salts
- Resistant to alkaline environmental impact, applicable as binding agent in silicate paints
- Can be used as a pre-treatment in conjunction with Flexiguard™ and Graffitiguard™ on surfaces subjected to continuous wet weather
- Can be used as a pre-treatment in conjunction with Flexiguard™ and Graffitiguard™ where oil repellence is required
WHAT TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN APPLYING THE COATING
- Substrates should be clean and dry
- Before application: Surfaces must be free of dirt, oil, fat, algae contamination, etc.
- Recommended cleaning method: High-pressure or steam cleaning, sandblaster or chemical cleaner
- Outside and substrate temperature during the process of application: + 4 °C up to + 40 °C
- During the application, strong wind or rain should be avoided
- After application: Allow at least 4 hours drying time to become rain-proof – fully cured after 24 hours
IN CASE OF DIPPING APPLICATIONS (E.G. FOR THE BRICK MANUFACTURING PROCESS)·
- Immersion or spray application with a low-pressure unit recommended
- Dipping time dependent on the absorbency of the substrate, contact time between 5 seconds up to several minutes
Especially in conjunction with pigmented or partially synthetic surfaces, the material compatibility should be checked on a small trial area.
DILUTION AND APPLICATION VOLUME.·
- TPM Concentrate should be diluted with demineralized water
- Recommended dilution ratio: 1:10 to 1:100
- Appropriate dilution ratio and required application volume depend on the absorbency of the surface and the required protective effect
- Test application on a trial area recommended
- Recommended dilution ratio by default for most surfaces: 1:29
- Recommended application volume by default: 80 – 150 ml/m²
Anti-graffiti coatings provide both ecological and economic benefits. They represent an environmentally friendly solution to protect building facades and other surfaces against graffiti and vandalism. They prevent pigments or cleaning agents from contaminating the environment by preventing the substrate from absorbing these materials. These characteristics result in reduction of the use of water and other resources to clean surfaces polluted with graffiti.
Moreover, anti-graffiti coatings contribute to minimize the costs of cleaning and refurbishing damaged surfaces, thus allowing considerable savings.
As such anti-graffiti coatings are a sustainable and economic choice for protecting building facades and other important surfaces. Furthermore Barrier is highly effective in preventing the adhesion of fly posters on multiple surfaces through its superb non-stick performance.
- Is a permanent anti-graffiti / fly-poster coating for absorbent mineral surfaces, coated metal, and wood
- Is based on an organo-silicon composition – showing outstanding and durable features against weathering including: sunlight, rain and extreme temperature fluctuations
- Is a one-component product (diluted according to substrate) that cures at room temperature under ambient humidity
- Provides outstanding non-stick characteristics, which allows most permanent markers and aerosol-based colors to be easily cleaned off with water
- Creates a surface finish to which fly-poster adhesives cannot adhere
CHARACTERISTICS OF BARRIER
- Water vapor permeable
- To be diluted at the dilution ratio 1:1 – 1:9 with solvents (aliphatic hydrocarbons such as Exxsol D 60)
- Environmentally friendly – fluorine free
ADVANTAGES OF BARRIER
- Outstanding and durable protection against weathering such as sunlight, rain, and temperature fluctuations
- One component system
- Generally, a single coat application is sufficient, though multiple applications are possible
- Graffiti can be removed easily with water
- Fly-posters are prevented from adhering to surfaces when using poster adhesives
- Colour deepening effect in case of concentrated application