To bring our extensive range of nano coating and care products to market, we utilise specialist skill sets from the sciences. Our experts come from the following materials, engineering and science backgrounds: nanotechnology, bionics, organic/inorganic and physical chemistry/microbiology.
The combination of these specialisms creates a unique team with the vision to foresee tomorrow’s customers’ smart surface needs, as well as the requirements to fulfil these in terms of nano coating functionality and application methodology.
Our team formulate compounds based on Si-c-n ceramics, Si-O2- hybrids (amorphous), Si-C-F Compounds, [RSiO3/2]n- hybrids (polyoctahedral silsesquioxanes (“POSS”) and Mikro and Nano wax.
We ensure that all nanotechnology products meet their necessary international standards, thus ensuring consumer confidence in performance and environmental credentials. Please see the extract of independently verified standards below.
- EN ISO 13034: 2009 – Protection against liquid chemicals for clothing.
- EN ISO 14325: 2004 – Protective clothing against chemicals. Test methods and performance classification of chemical protective clothing materials, seams, joins and assemblages.
- EN ISO 14605: 2005 – Protective clothing against liquid chemicals. Performance requirements for clothing with liquid-tight (Type 3) or spray-tight (Type 4) connections, including items providing protection to body parts only (Types PB  and PB )
- EN ISO 343: 2010 – Protective clothing for protection against rain.
- EN ISO 342: 2004 – Ensembles and garments for protection against cold.
- EN EN 14058: 2004 – Garments for protection against cool environments.
- ISO 20645 – Textile fabrics – Determination of antibacterial activity Agar diffusion plate test.
- DIN EN ISO 20743 – Determination of antibacterial activity of textile products.
- AATCC 100 – Antibacterial finishes on textile materials: Assessment of
- ISO 4920 Textile fabrics – Determination of resistance to surface wetting (Spray test).
- ISO 9865:1991Textiles – Determination of water repellence of fabrics by Bundesmann rain-shower test.
- Okötex 100 – Confidence in textiles standard 100.
- ISO 20743:2013 Textiles – Determination of antibacterial activity of textile products.
- DIN EN 1504-2:2015 – Product and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures.
- ISO 22196 – Measurement of antibacterial activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces.
- VO EG Nr. 1935/2004 – On materials and articles intended to come into contact with food and repealing directives 80/590/EEC.
- VO EG Nr. 10/2011 – On plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food as regards information in the supply chain.
- ISO 11507 A Paints and Varnishes – Exposure of coatings to artificial weathering – exposure to fluorescent UV lamps and water.
- ISO 11998 Paints and varnishes – Determination of wet-scrub resistance and cleanability of coatings.
- ASTM-E2149-01 – Standard test method used to evaluate the antimicrobial activity of substrate-bound, non-leaching, antimicrobial-treated samples under dynamic contact conditions.
Intelligent Hybrids® is our global brand concept which encompasses the key traits that define our business. These are characterised by:
- Our leading position at the cutting edge of smart-coating surface technology development.
- Our underpinning by German technological expertise.
- The use of cross-over sustainable technologies.
- Full emphasis on ecological properties and minimising CO2 footprint.